Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

GPP Street Team Crusade #61


This is #61 of Michelle Ward’s GPP Street Team’s Crusades – Restraining Order: Practice minimalism.
This is usually quite a difficult task for me – it never looks finished, so I add more and more until I am satisfied.
However, I forced myself - this was a great challenge, and I just sat looking at my page after it was done, and made myself stop. That is an actual round tea bag, over which I used molding paste on a brass stencil teapot and cup. For the background I applied Golden's fibre paste and acrylic ground for pastels. When dry I rubbed in the soft pastels.
Did I do right by it? You be the judge.

Thank you so much, Michelle, for all that you have done to get us going in so many different directions. I look forward to joining in again after you regroup.



Please click on image for an enlarged view

13 comments:

michelle ward said...

Daphne, thanks for coming back to play with us! I loved that you explained there is a teabag under the teapot. Clever. Love the space, and the soft colors. It is just the thing to enjoy over a Vanilla Chai. I can almost smell it! Thanks for your kind words. Until we meet again....

Kim Mailhot said...

What a great texture you achieved for your simple composition. It is a fine piece and left me wanting that soothing cuppa !
I havent done a Crusade in a long time but wanted to celebrate this last one with all the great artists involved. Here's to the creative life, Crusade ! Cheers !

jgr said...

Daphne, this is wonderful! I especially like the texture and the soft earthy palette.

Terri Corona said...

I really love your soft colors and texture, what a great technique. The soothing colors along with the imagery of soothing tea makes it such a lovely, restful piece...

PocketSize said...

I love your texture and the colors you chose here. It's very calming and I could look at it for a long while and just take it in. Like a good cup of tea :)

Anonymous said...

I had never thought of preparing the paper and then using my pastels like that - I think the end result's awesome. Thanks for the tip.
I always enjoy my "end of month, and the newspaper's finished blog cruise 'n comment" time. It's been lovely to meet you and your work via the Crusades. Thanks for sharing what you do with everyone. May the rest of 2012 be filled with creative happiness for you.

Michelle said...

Great background! Love how you got the hint of colour in with the white!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Beautiful page! I love the texture and soothing colors!

TJ said...

Your page is fun! I love that the entire color of it sort of also looks tea stained! I've never seen a round tea bag -- wow you'll never know what you'll learn when you Crusade...
Fantastic! Best wishes, tj

Diana Taylor said...

This is really lovely - the colours are beautiful and calming and perfectly match the subject of tea-drinking. Well done for walking away when you did - it's perfect as it is!

K J D said...

I love your page.... the restful colours and simplicity soothed me completely! I really fancy a cup of tea now :)

Parabolic Muse said...

Daphne, not only do I really think this is lovely, but when I enlarged it, it makes me think of stone, a warm stone wall kind of texture. I like that effect. Thanks for sharing!

Karen Isaacson said...

that's an inspired use of tea bag! I love the depth and richness of the color.